We understand that we will see an increase of caregivers working from home in the near term. In order to ensure we are properly prioritizing our resources we have developed some general guidelines in support of remote work.
This guideline only applies to the technology. Please work with your manager on additional HR requirements related to working from home. Review HR’s Telecommuting and Remote Worker Guidance.
Based on the evolving nature of COVID-19, this guideline could be updated if needed. Please check the Providence COVID-19 Site for the latest guidelines.
In order to ensure we are allocating our laptops and PCs for the greatest need, we are prioritizing the requests before distributing equipment needed to work from home, based upon:
- Express care or primary care in person or video visits
- Triage functions either remote or in expanded structures
- Added inpatient spaces
- New caregivers that were planned to start (normal business)
Any requests not related to the above priority areas need to be approved by the senior operational leader or department VP/SVP. Please include the email approval with the ServiceNow request.
Scenarios for connecting to systems from home or remote work locations
There are multiple options available to you for connecting to Providence systems and resources while working from home or remote locations.
Easiest, fastest option for most needs
Note about initial access: Web apps, O365, and Citrix access require multifactor authentication, similar to how you might log into your personal bank account. To set this up for the first time, please review the "How to set up Multifactor Authentication for web apps and Office 365 access".
Access Microsoft Office 365 tools and web apps such as Outlook, Excel, Office, SuccessFactors, HealthStream, Concur or other work applications by navigating to https://myapps.microsoft.com and logging in with your work email address and password, then provide your multi-factor authentication code received via text/call/app.
Once on the web access portal, you’ll find icons for a large array of your work applications.
For remote access to the Citrix environment or Epic Hyperspace
If the web applications shown in the option above are not sufficient and you need to access applications by Citrix, but are having problems, please make sure you have the Citrix Receiver installed on your computer. See this guide for setting up Citrix on Windows PCs.
If you require access to Epic, but are having issues, please follow the Citrix set-up guide above, then try logging in via https://citrixapps.providence.org/vpn/index.html.
Use VPN for remote access to work resources from a work PC
VPN is required to access applications that are only available on the network.
If you need pointers, please review the "GlobalProtect VPN for Remote Caregivers Logging into Work Resources from Their Work PC".
If you have not been issued a Providence-issued laptop or PC, but are being told by your core leader that you now require one.
Our above options above give you the flexibility to work remotely without a company-issued PC. However, if your current situation is demanding that you be issued one now, the request must be approved by your senior operational leader or departmental VP/SVP. Please have the core leader include email approval from the senior leader when entering the request in ServiceNow and note “COVID-19” as the reason for escalation/exception.
- We do not allow printing of any Providence data at your home location.
- Installation of personally owned peripherals such as printers and scanners on Providence owned equipment is not allowed
- We do not have loaner laptops in IS, as we are following the prioritization outlined above for all new and reclaimed equipment.
- We do not supply internet connections.
- Core Leader Guidance Around Providence Issued PCs and Other Hardware Borrowed for Remote Work During COVID-19 2020.
- Instructions for Forwarding Calls from Your Work Phone to Your Personal Phone
Training and Help
Training resources and other important Office 365 information can be found on the main OneTeam Learning Portal.
- Learning Portal : https://providence4.sharepoint.com/sites/learningportal
- Training : https://providence4.sharepoint.com/sites/LearningPortal/SitePages/Training.aspx
- Support : https://providence4.sharepoint.com/sites/LearningPortal/SitePages/Support.aspx
If you still need assistance, contact the AskIT Service Desk at (844) 92-askIT / (844) 922-7548 or the
IS Self-Service Portal
(for SJH caregivers, include “SJHS-NT\” in front of your username).